In terms of history, fleshy caped mushrooms have been used for a long time and successfully in the treatment of immune deficiency, especially in traditional Chinese medicine. Some of the extracts and compounds that have been recently obtained from medicinal mushrooms, in terms of having therapeutic properties for immune and cardiovascular diseases, anti-cancer, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-parasitic properties, as well as protective properties against hepatitis and diabetes. They have created a lot. Scientific studies on medicinal mushrooms have been increasingly expanded during the last two decades. Perhaps the most encouraging results of this type of studies are that the complex sugars obtained from caped mushrooms reduce the side effects of radiation therapy or chemotherapy.
Mushrooms are rich in nutrients and due to their nutritional benefits, mushroom cultivation has been common for many years. With the significant increase in the population and the change in the consumption pattern, edible mushrooms can be one of the best options for providing essential protein for humans. This issue has created an international incentive for research on edible mushrooms along with other agricultural and garden plants. Mushrooms can be the best choice for this issue, because they produce food by using agricultural waste, and therefore they are one of the most economical and economical products. Mushrooms have high protein percentage and high digestibility percentage. Mushrooms are not only rich in amino acids, but they are very suitable for those who suffer from heart disease, diabetes or high blood pressure.
Mushrooms have at least 14,000 species, of which approximately 2,000 species are edible. Cultivation of edible mushrooms has gained great importance in the world, and in our country in the last two decades, special attention has been paid to the cultivation of edible mushrooms, and it has made remarkable progress. Three of the most important mushroom cultivars in the world are: button mushroom (common), oyster mushroom and shiitake mushroom. Edible white mushroom is the most common agricultural-commercial mushroom in the world. In our country, this mushroom has the largest share, which is about 85% of the total production of edible mushrooms. In 2011, 67 countries in the world produced edible mushrooms, and China alone accounted for 65.1% of the world's edible mushroom production. The share of each country and its percentage in the production of edible mushrooms in the world is different, so that the remaining 34.9% after deducting China's share is distributed differently and unevenly among 66 other countries.


The Therapeutic Importance Of Mushrooms